Good morning! Today I’m sharing with you my mother’s AMAZING fresh strawberry pie recipe. It is simple to make and oh-so-good! Add a little vanilla ice cream and you will be in paradise! Last year I shared my mom’s Fresh Peach Pie recipe, and this is just a variation on that. If you would like to see step-by-step photos of the glaze making process then check out that post!
Here’s a fun little tip for this strawberry pie recipe, or ANY pie recipe for that matter: Pillsbury Pie Crusts from the refrigerated section by the cookie dough. Everyone used to ask my mom for her crust recipe, and this was it all along! Store bought! Love it!
Below is the recipe. Enjoy your fresh strawberry pie!
- Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1 cup mashed strawberries (takes about 1 pound)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- Fresh Strawberries to fill the pie crust (takes about 1 pound)
- Prepare and cook the pie crust following the directions on the box. Cool crust.
- Use a blender to mash 1 cup worth of strawberries. It will take about a pound of strawberries.
- Combine the mashed strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium high heat until the mixture thickens (about 3-5 minutes usually, but possibly longer - allow it to get pretty thick).
- Let the glaze cool.
- As the glaze cools, slice the remaining strawberries straight into the pie crust.
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries, top with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy.
Be sure to check out some of my other seasonal recipes, especially the fresh peach pie!