This is my mother’s AMAZING fresh strawberry pie recipe. Do you love strawberries as much as I do? I think that they are my favorite fruit. I look forward to them being in season every year so that I can make my mama’s Strawberry Pie and my granny’s Strawberry Jam. (This strawberry jam recipe is SO simple but SO good! My kids call it “Mommy’s Red Jam,” and they are no longer happy about any other kind! Give it a try!) YUM!!
This strawberry pie recipe is simple to make but oh-so-good! Add a little vanilla ice cream and you will be in paradise!
Last year I shared my mom’s Fresh Peach Pie recipe. This strawberry pie is another variation on that family favorite. To see step-by-step photos of how to make the glaze for these pies you can see it on that post! I know that I always find step-by-step pictures very helpful when I am making new recipes.
Here’s a fun little tip for this strawberry pie recipe, or ANY pie recipe for that matter: Pillsbury Pie Crusts from the refrigerated section by the cookie dough. Everyone used to ask my mom for her pie crust recipe all of the time, and this was her secret all along! Can you believe it store-bought crust! Gotta love that! Easy peasy! You just take it out of the box let it warm up a bit and put in in your pie pan. Don’t forget to pinch the edges so they look pretty.
Below is the recipe for mom’s fresh strawberry pie, I hope you enjoy it!
- Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1 cup mashed strawberries (takes about 1 pound)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- Fresh Strawberries to fill the pie crust (takes about 1 pound)
- Prepare and cook the pie crust following the directions on the box. Cool crust.
- Use a blender to mash 1 cup worth of strawberries. It will take about a pound of strawberries.
- Combine the mashed strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium high heat until the mixture thickens (about 3-5 minutes usually, but possibly longer - allow it to get pretty thick).
- Let the glaze cool.
- As the glaze cools, slice the remaining strawberries straight into the pie crust.
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries, top with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy.
Be sure to check out some of my other seasonal recipes made with fruit, especially my favorite this fresh peach pie!