When I had a baby this spring my Aunt Jackie brought us these Green Chili Cream Cheese Enchiladas. I have many an enchilada recipe that I enjoy, but once I took one bite of these I knew they needed to be added into my recipe rotation. I like it because they are yummy and creamy, but they are a little bit different because they do not use any cream soups, and they are topped with green enchilada sauce, which I love. This recipe is also very simple and comes together quickly. Gotta love that!
- 6+ soft tortillas
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 small cans diced green chiles
- 2 cups cooked, cubed or shredded chicken
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute cream cheese, green chiles, and pre-cooked chicken until it is warm and nicely combined.
- Fill tortillas with meat mixture and some of the cheese, reserving some cheese to sprinkle on the top.
- Roll up tortillas and place in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with PAM.
- Pour enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you may also like: