Last week I asked my husband what he wanted me to make him for his birthday, and his answer was “Jan’s Enchiladas.” Jan is my sister’s mother-in-law, and this is one of her many excellent recipes. I love it because it’s simple to put together, and I love creamy sauces and the slight kick of pepper jack cheese. Let’s take a look at the process for making this tasty cheesy pepper jack chicken enchiladas recipe.
Start by cooking and shredding your chicken. I always use my Kitchen Aid mixer. Throw in two or three cooked breasts, start on a low speed, speed up a bit and you are done in a jiffy. Don’t run it too long or it’ll be too finely shredded. It works. I love it!
Mix the green chilis in with the chicken (do not drain).
Shred the cheese. Load your tortillas with the chicken mixture and a generous amount of cheese.
Roll the loaded tortillas and line them up in a greased dish.
Mix together the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup, and thin it a bit with milk.
Spread the mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the rest of the cheese.
Bake until bubbly and ENJOY! Mmmmm…..cheesy!
- 3 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 small cans chopped green chilis
- 1 lb pepperjack cheese
- ½ lb cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ pint of sour cream (thinned slightly with milk)
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the green chilis.
- Load tortillas with shredded chicken and a generous amount of both cheeses.
- Roll the loaded tortillas tightly and line them up in a casserole dish that has been greased. Put the crease facing downward.
- Mix together the soup and sour cream, and thin that mixture a bit with milk.
- Spread the soup and sour cream mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the creamy mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
If you like this recipe then you may also enjoy these recipes:
Green Chili Cream Cheese Enchiladas (My fav.)
Nina Lewis says
I saw this on the Ginger Snap Crafts Wow Me Wednesday link up party. These sound so easy to make and so yummy! I’m hungry just reading about them. This is on my to-make like … like really soon!!! I’m glad you share it.
Sarah Westover McKenna says
Yay! I hope you enjoy them! 🙂
Kristen from The Road to Domestication says
OH! Be still my heart. This looks nothing short of amazing!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up over at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again this Friday! Feel free to bring a friend 🙂
Theresa @DearCreatives says
Your recipe looks delicious! Pinned & shared. Thanks for linking up and sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight Party!
Debi Walstad says
Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe on Weekend Bites! Find it on April 23rd’s features on Practical Parenting Ideas!