Last week I asked my husband what he wanted me to make him for his birthday, and his answer was “Jan’s Enchiladas.” Jan is my sister’s mother-in-law, and this is one of her many excellent recipes. I love it because it’s simple to put together, and I love creamy sauces and the slight kick of pepper jack cheese. Let’s take a look at the process for making this tasty cheesy pepper jack chicken enchiladas recipe.
Start by cooking and shredding your chicken. I always use my Kitchen Aid mixer. Throw in two or three cooked breasts, start on a low speed, speed up a bit and you are done in a jiffy. Don’t run it too long or it’ll be too finely shredded. It works. I love it!
Mix the green chilis in with the chicken (do not drain).
Shred the cheese. Load your tortillas with the chicken mixture and a generous amount of cheese.
Roll the loaded tortillas and line them up in a greased dish.
Mix together the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup, and thin it a bit with milk.
Spread the mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the rest of the cheese.
Bake until bubbly and ENJOY! Mmmmm…..cheesy!
- 3 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 small cans chopped green chilis
- 1 lb pepperjack cheese
- ½ lb cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ pint of sour cream (thinned slightly with milk)
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the green chilis.
- Load tortillas with shredded chicken and a generous amount of both cheeses.
- Roll the loaded tortillas tightly and line them up in a casserole dish that has been greased. Put the crease facing downward.
- Mix together the soup and sour cream, and thin that mixture a bit with milk.
- Spread the soup and sour cream mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the creamy mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
If you like this recipe then you may also enjoy these recipes:
Green Chili Cream Cheese Enchiladas (My fav.)