Hello, hello! Today I am here to share with you one of my favorite recipes from my mom’s recipe box: Zucchini Bread! Summer is zucchini season, so it always makes me crave my mama’s warm, moist zucchini bread. The only problem is that every single time that I make it the bread doesn’t even last more than about 36 hours in our home. It is unreal warm, so it gets devoured fresh from the oven, and then by breakfast the next morning it has vanished. It is THAT good. And the good news here is that it is also simple to make! Now let’s get cooking!
Start by beating together your sugars, oil, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients (sometimes when I’m super duper lazy I skip this extra step and dump them right into the wet ingredient bowl).
Oh, and by the way, isn’t my sou chef the cutest?!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Beat together the eggs, both sugars, oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir together the dry and wet ingredients. The mixture will be very thick and seem a bit dry.
- Grate your zucchini and mix it into your batter mixture well. At this point it should no longer be dry.
- Pour your batter into two greased and floured bread pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour. A toothpick should come out clean from the center when the bread is done.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may enjoy these others: