I can’t wait to share this Chocolate Banana Swirl Bread recipe with you today! A friend gave this recipe to me almost a decade ago, and I just LOVE it. I believe it was originally from Cooking Light, but I have tweaked it over the years to make it a bit fattier and even more tasty! Heehee. 😉
The recipe is a very straightforward process, other than the chocolate swirl step. In a nutshell, you melt the chocolate, mix it with 1 cup of the batter, and then spoon it into the greased bread pan and swirl, as shown below.
You can find the full recipe for this chocolate banana swirl bread below, and you can even print it! ENJOY!!
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 - 4 mashed bananas (about 1½ cups)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and softened butter until combined and fluffy.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs, and yogurt and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine until just moist.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl until just melted, about 1 minute. Stir together and then let cool slightly.
- Add 1 cup of the batter to the chocolate and stir until combined.
- In a greased bread pan, spoon the chocolate batter and the plain batter together one spoonful at a time, alternating the flavors. Swirl together with a knife.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (until a wooden toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool and enjoy!
If you are excited about this recipe then I know you will also love these recipes:
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome says
What could be better than banana and chocolate together?? Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!
Kat (The Baking Explorer) says
This looks really yummy, I love banana and chocolate together.
Manisha from Modlotus says
Wonderful recipe Sarah, I will definitely try this at home. I always struggle with bread baking :). I have pinned your recipe. Found you on #MizHelenThursday plate party. I am a new blogger and just started blogging last week. I wrote my second blog post on cupcakes, please do visit my blog and give me feedback. I will be coming here often now. have a great Thanksgiving!! thanks Manisha
Is it bread flour?
Sarah Westover McKenna says
Nope. Regular, all-purpose flour!
Judi Graber says
Chocolate and banana always go great together and why not in a bread. Thanks for sharing with Fiesta Friday.
Natalie A says
This bread looks so yummy! You can never go wrong with chocolate and bananas! I like that there is vanilla Greek yogurt in this recipe. I pinned this recipe!
Miz Helen says
Your Chocolate Banana Swirl Bread looks amazing! Wishing you a bountiful Thanksgiving and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
Our Party for this week will start Tuesday Morning at 8:00 am CST.
Hope to see you then!