This ham and bean soup recipe is one of my mom’s go-to leftovers recipes. It’s an easy way to get rid of loads of ham from Christmas or Easter dinner! True story. Easy peasy. That’s why I approve of it as well. You can find the ingredients and simple instructions for this ham and bean soup recipe below.
- 1 pound dry navy beans (soaked overnight)
- meaty ham bone
- 1+ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½+ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ½ cup chopped celery leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 1-3 bay leaves
- 7 cups water
- Soak beans overnight. Combine all ingredients (including soaked beans) in a crock pot, cover, and cook for 5-6 hours on high or 10-12 hours on low. Enjoy!
Combine and let cook . . . super straightforward!
Once the soup is all cooked up just settle in and enjoy!
If you liked this ham and bean soup recipe then you may also enjoy these other tasty soup recipes: