* This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
Today I have a super fun appetizer recipe for you on behalf of Johnsonville. I knew I would have no problem coming up with a great recipe, because Johnsonville has a huge offering of fabulous sausages available! I started thinking about what would be fun to make for the upcoming Big Game, and this appetizer was created. It is simple to make, highlights the built in flavor of the meat, and it is sure to please a crowd at a party that you might throw on the Big Game day!
If you decide that you want to try some other appetizer recipes using Johnsonville sausages then be sure to check out Johnsonville’s new online reality show, The Sausage Dome. The show features various sausage loving social celebs who make Big Game appetizer recipes and offer them up to a panel of Johnsonville employees, The Sausage Six, to see whose recipe is best. Not only is a entertaining to watch, but you can get more fun new recipes there as well! Now back to my own original Big Game appetizer recipe!
For this particular recipe we chose this particular type of Johnsonville sausage. It is extremely tasty and full of flavor. Start by cooking up the sausages and then cutting them up. We split them into about four parts, and then we cut the parts down the center about 90% so they would be ready to be stuffed.
Prepare the stuffing by draining (store-bought, bagged) sauerkraut and julienne slicing an apple (I used a mandolin to do so). Mix those two things together and get ready to stuff them into your cooked sausage pieces.
Before you start stuffing, make the honey mustard. You will do so by mixing together 2 Tablespoons each of mayo, dijon mustard, and honey. Add a pinch of salt and you’re all set.
Time to assemble! Stuff some of the sauerkraut/apple mix into the sausage pieces and skewer. Drizzle about 1/4 teaspoon of the honey mustard over each piece and sprinkle with some finely chopped fresh dill.
You’re all set! Set them out at your Big Game party and watch your guests scarf them down! YUM!
Here is the recipe in a compact format for you:
- Johnsonville sausage (Brats Beer Bratwurst)
- fresh dill
- dijon mustard
- Gather together your ingredients and some small skewers for the final product.
- Begin by cooking your sausages. When they have been cooked you can cut them up, about four pieces per sausage. Cut each pieces about 90% of the way through so that it can be stuffed with filling.
- Cut your apple up julienne (using a mandolin) and mix together the apple pieces with drained sauerkraut.
- Mix together 2 Tablespoons each of mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and honey to make honey mustard. Add a pinch of salt and mix in.
- Stuff the cooked sausage pieces with the apple and sauerkraut mixture and skewer.
- Top the stuffed sausages with about ¼ teaspoon of the honey mustard mixture.
- Sprinkle a bit of freshly chopped dill over the top of the appetizer.
- Serve and enjoy.
Remember . . . if you want even more fun appetizer recipes using Johnsonville sausage you can check out the site for their new reality show The Sausage Dome. Additionally, here’s a recipe for another fun Summer Sausage Appetizer that I created recently with Johnsonville sausage! You’re loaded up with options for your party for the Big Game! Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.