Hello, friends! I have been MIA this week, but today I am back with a simple chicken marinade recipe for you that our family loves. I love warmer months when I can toss stuff in a marinade and then toss it on the grill, don’t you? This Ginger Lime Chicken is one of my favorite easy marinade recipes. It is something I got at a Weight Watchers meeting long ago after my son was born. We love the tangy Asian twist of flavor, and we love to serve it with grilled pineapple. Mmmmm….. Have you ever grilled pineapple? Try it. You won’t be sorry!
Now on with the recipe!
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons finely minced lime zest
- 6 Tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup finely minced or grated ginger root
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- splash of hot sauce
- 5 large chicken breasts
- ¼ cup finely minced, uncooked scallions
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- BEORE you add the chicken, remove and reserve ¼ cup of the marinade.
- Add the raw chicken to the bowl. Make sure each piece is coated in the marinade.
- Refrigerate the marinating chicken for 2 - 4 hours.
- Grill or broil the chicken, brushing on the extra marinade toward the end of the cooking process.
- Sprinkle the scallions over the chicken and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy the following: