Today marks the return of my favorite series of the year: S’MORES SATURDAYS!!!!!! As any longtime reader or personal friend of mine knows, I am s’mores OBSESSED! Each Saturday this summer there will be a s’mores themed recipe from myself or a fabulous guest blogger. I can’t wait for you to see everything that is coming! Let’s kick things off with a s’mores popcorn recipe! Be sure to check out all of my s’mores recipes by clicking on the picture below!
Now let’s talk popcorn. My kids LOVE popcorn, so I have done loads of popcorn recipes like this over time. All you need to make it is popcorn, mini marshmallows, graham crackers, milk chocolate chips, and a bit of shortening (Crisco). You will also need a ziploc bag to drizzle the chocolate. You are going to LOVE this simple way of making party-worthy popcorn! I have made it in so many varieties for different parties. So fun! Check out the full recipe below!
- ½ cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag of microwave popcorn (unbuttered)
- 1 bag (2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups graham cracker pieces and crumbs
- Begin by popping your popcorn. Spread it onto a cookie sheet (or the counter) lined with parchment paper.
- Prep by breaking up about 2 cups of graham cracker bits.
- Melt 1 cup of milk chocolate chips and a small scoop of shortening (to thin the chocolate for drizzling) in the microwave. Spoon it into a small ziploc bag while still VERY hot. Snip a corner off of the ziploc bag and use it like a frosting bag to drizzle the chocolate all over the popcorn, zig zagging back and forth. This helps the popcorn stick together and “grab” the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows and graham cracker bits and crumbs over the top of the drizzled chocolate.
- Repeat the melting and drizzling process with the remaining cup of milk chocolate chips, once again with a small scoop of shortening to thin it for drizzling, to “seal in” the candy.
- Allow to cool and then break up a bit and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe then be sure to check out my Party Popcorn recipe, as well as the rest of the S’mores Saturdays collection! Have a tasty, tasty day! 🙂