This super simple s’mores popcorn recipe is sure to be a hit at your summer barbecue or party! Quick and easy to make, but certain to impress and delight!
Today marks the return of my favorite series of the year: S’MORES SATURDAYS!!!!!! As any longtime reader or personal friend of mine knows, I am s’mores OBSESSED! Each Saturday this summer there will be a s’mores themed recipe from myself or a fabulous guest blogger. I can’t wait for you to see everything that is coming! Let’s kick things off with a s’mores popcorn recipe! Be sure to check out all of my s’mores recipes by clicking on the picture below!
Now let’s talk popcorn. My kids LOVE popcorn, especially my little girl. She is such a popcorn junkie. Her daddy says she can smell popcorn a mile away. LOL! He loves snacking on popcorn at night, but if he tries to sneakily pull it out she immediately appears by his side. It is hilarious. Because of my children’s great love of popcorn, I have done loads of popcorn recipes like this over time. I hope that you will love this s’mores variety of popcorn as much as we do!
All you need to make this s’mores popcorn recipe is popcorn, mini marshmallows, graham crackers, milk chocolate chips, and a bit of shortening (Crisco). You will also need a Ziploc bag to drizzle the chocolate.
You are going to LOVE this simple way of making party-worthy popcorn! I have made it in so many varieties for different parties. So fun! Check out the full recipe below!
Make My S’mores Popcorn Recipe!
- ½ cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag of microwave popcorn (unbuttered)
- 1 bag (2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups graham cracker pieces and crumbs
- Begin by popping your popcorn. Spread it onto a cookie sheet (or the counter) lined with parchment paper.
- Prep by breaking up about 2 cups of graham cracker bits.
- Melt 1 cup of milk chocolate chips and a small scoop of shortening (to thin the chocolate for drizzling) in the microwave. Spoon it into a small Ziploc bag while still VERY hot. Snip a corner off of the Ziploc bag and use it like a frosting bag to drizzle the chocolate all over the popcorn, zig-zagging back and forth. This helps the popcorn stick together and “grab” the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows and graham cracker bits and crumbs over the top of the drizzled chocolate.
- Repeat the melting and drizzling process with the remaining cup of milk chocolate chips, once again with a small scoop of shortening to thin it for drizzling, to “seal in” the candy.
- Allow to cool and then break up a bit and enjoy!
For More Great Recipes Like My S’mores Popcorn Recipe, Follow My S’mores Pinterest Board!
If you enjoyed this recipe then be sure to check out my Party Popcorn recipe, as well as the rest of the S’mores Saturdays collection! Have a tasty, tasty day! 🙂
This popcorn is SO fun —- packed with so many different types of goodies. It is PERFECT for a kid party or family event! Plus . . . it is SO SIMPLE TO MAKE! Can’t beat that combination!
My S’mores Saturdays archives have any type of recipe that you could dream up . . . from brunch to dessert, from ice cream to warm and gooey, from romantic to kid friendly! It’s all there! I hope that you find a recipe or two (or three or more!) that you love!