There are few things that kids love more than popcorn, am I right? My son adores it, probably because he equates it with special movie nights and outings. Recently we had another family over for dinner and afterward the adults wanted to play games, so we stuck the kids in the basement with a movie and this party popcorn. It was a major hit!
We made this popcorn with mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, mini marshmallows, Oreo cookies, M&M’s, and sprinkles, along with some almond bark for drizzling, of course! Do you think you would stick with this choice of ingredients, or would you mix it up a bit? I am thinking of creating a cookies and cream version, a s’mores version, a mint version, or possibly a caramel dark chocolate version. Yummmmmm. Now I’m hungry. What are your family’s favorite candies? Can you think of any varieties that you may make, or that you would like to have me create and then share with you in recipe form? I’m taking suggestions! 🙂
This particular party popcorn recipe is perfect for a party or gathering of any kind because it is simple to make and includes everyone’s favorite candies! It is especially great for kid parties. I mean, after all, what kid doesn’t love candy, cookies, marshmallows, and popcorn?! All mixed together….kid paradise. I think I may just make it for New Year’s Eve celebrations with my kiddos since my hubby will be working.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag of microwave popcorn (unbuttered)
- vanilla almond bark (with blue and yellow food coloring)
- 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 bag mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 small bag of M&M's
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Begin by popping your popcorn. Spread it onto a cookie sheet (or the counter) lined with parchment paper.
- Prep by crushing about 10 Oreo cookies into large chunks.
- Melt some vanilla almond bark in the microwave. Mix it with blue food coloring. Spoon it into a small ziploc bag while still VERY hot. Snip a corner off of the ziploc bag and use it like a frosting bag to drizzle the almond bark all over the popcorn, zig zagging back and forth. This helps the popcorn stick together and “grab” the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows, mini Reese's peanut butter cups, M&M's, and Oreo pieces over the top of the popcorn.
- Repeat the melting and drizzling process with more vanilla almond bark (dyed yellow this time) to “seal in” the candy.
- Shake sprinkles over the top of the popcorn while the almond bark is still warm.
- Allow to cool and then break up a bit and enjoy! Yum yum!
If you like this recipe then you will also like these recipes: