Happy S’mores Saturdays! I am SO excited to have Tania Colamarino back here guest posting and sharing with us her recipe for Stuffed S’mores French Toast! Tania is a food photographer and food stylist. She has been privileged to work with some of the best in the industry, including Carlos Bakery from The Cake Boss, Anne Heap of the Pink Cake Box, Make my Cake in Harlem, and more. She also has 2 books, one of which features a full 35 recipes all shot and styled by her, and various magazines, including Bake Magazine. Be sure to check out her blog and website!!
You may recognize Tania’s phenomenal photographic style, and that’s because she has been here before! Here are a couple more of her s’mores inspired recipes that she has shared here on Bombshell Bling:
Now on to the main attraction, the STUFFED S’MORES FRENCH TOAST!
We will jump straight to the full recipe . . .
- 3 slices of chocolate chip brioche ( or plain sliced bread)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 splash of milk or half/half
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 crushed up graham cracker
- 2 tbls powered sugar
- 2 tsp brown sugar for sprinkling
- 2 pads of butter for cooking
- Mix both eggs with milk or half/half & vanilla in a shallow dish. Dip into the egg mixture carefully, place in pan with a pad of butter to prevent sticking. Sprinkle with brown sugar to create a nice sweet crust. Let it sit about 1 minute and then flip on the other side and repeat with brown sugar sprinkle. Remove from heat .Make at least 2 slices ( 3 are pictured ) Add marshmallows and mini-chocolate chips in each layer and stack. I torched each layers marshmallows and chocolate chips- the heat will do this also but without the char if you don't have a way to roast the mallows. Finally, top with crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Lightly dust with powered sugar and serve. You really don't need any syrup as the recipe is sweet enough
- Serve with syrup and a pad of butter. Sprinkle a light coating of powered sugar and enjoy!!!
- * If you are making this for more people, simply multiply the ingredients by the amount of people eating, This is for 1 serving. You may have extra egg mixture left over.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of Tania’s amazing recipes here on Bombshell Bling, and ESPECIALLY on her own recipe blog, www.taniacolamarino.com! Thank you for visiting for S’mores Saturdays!