Hi there! My name is Tania Colamarino; I am a wife, mother and friend. Happily for my very willing tummy, I am also a food photographer and food stylist. I have been privileged to work with some of the best in the industry, including Carlos Bakery from The Cake Boss, Anne Heap of the Pink Cake Box, Make my Cake in Harlem, and more. I have been extraordinary blessed to also have 2 books, one of which features a full 35 recipes all shot and styled by me, and various magazines, including Bake Magazine, publish my work. All this has lead to the inspiration behind my blog and website.
There are times when a recipe comes to mind based on the day I am having, or by way of season. Today’s recipe came by 2 ways, summer and the movie, “The Sandlot”. If you were born in the olden days (as my kids would say) then you may remember “The Sandlot.” As the good friend that he is, Ham showed his buddy Smalls how to make a classic S’more’s- but not before he said, “You’re killing me Smalls!” This is a right of passage with anyone that wants to live on the edge of summery sugary bliss. I will now show you how to make a S’mores Cupcake! We will be friends till the end!
“ You’re killing me Small S’more’s Cupcakes”
Ingredients: (recipe for cupcake from www.hershey.com/recipe)
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. About 1 dozen cupcakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cocoa together until combined. Add milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Slowly add in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Feel free to add a little more milk or sugar to your taste. BUT just a little at a time so you don’t ruin the consistency.
I like the mini marshmallows because they are tiny and well, the tinier they are, the more you can pile on! Once you top your delicious cupcakes with the icing, add as many mini marshmallows as will fit. Using a long lighter (you can find them HERE) carefully roast the mallows – they fire up quickly and you do not want any accidents! I chose to use Teddy Grahams to crumble on top of the cupcakes. They are rather small and crush easily. For the love of all the is good, spare a few full-size Teddy Graham lives so that you can stick one of the little guys in the middle of the marshmallow party! Finally, my friends, dig in and have s’more s’mores cupcakes!
* For styling purposing, pictured is a match, if you choose this method, please exercise caution.
Since we are friends now, you can visit my site at www.taniacolamarino.com and for recipes, you can visit my blog at www.taniacolamarino.com/blog. Play a while and try out some new things, it will be amazing and delicious all at the same time! In the meantime, have a “ You’re Killing Me Smalls S’more’s Cupcakes”!
Thank you to Bombshell Bling for allowing me to be a part of S’mores Saturdays!
Be sure to check out some of Tania’s other recipes: