These s’mores cups are the perfect recipe to bring to a summer picnic. Portable s’mores — YAY! Tasty and simple to put together.
Happy S’mores Saturday! I am excited to add this s’mores cups recipe to my collection of S’mores Saturdays recipes. YUM!
Today’s treat is a classic one. I have had s’mores cups before and have seen them many places, but I have never made s’mores cups myself until today. Well, the verdict it in: they were easy to make and DELISH! You can tailor them to your own liking by adding extra chocolate or even using other chocolate options, such as flavored chocolate bars or even small peanut butter cups. I chose to use classic Hershey’s bars for my s’mores cups. I love that classic s’mores flavor combo! Mmmm mmmm good!
Let’s take a look at the simple process that I used to make these s’mores cups.
Mix together graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter and place the mixture into a greased mini muffin pan. Bake for about 8-10 minutes. If they puff up in the middle (mine did) you can use a measure spoon to press them down while warm, as shown below.
Next up is the CHOCOLATE and MARSHMALLOWS! The best parts, am I right?!
Now take Hershey’s chocolate bars (or a chocolate of your choice) and place them in the cups. I used one regular piece per cup, but I kindof wish I had done two to enhance the chocolate flavor. However, my husband thought one was perfect, so do whatever you’d like to do. 😉
Cut your marshmallows in half and place them – cut side down – on top of the chocolate.
Toast your marshmallows under the broiler. Watch them like a HAWK, because they are easy to ruin/burn.
Your s’mores cups are done! They can be eaten warm or cool. I loved both, but I was surprised to find that I actually preferred them cool. (I am usually a warm treat junkie.)
Here is the full s’mores cups recipe for you. ENJOY!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 12 Tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 12 marshmallows
- 1-2 Hershey's chocolate bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the powdered sugar.
- Melt the butter, pour it over the graham cracker crumb mixture and stir until the mixture is evenly wet.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the mini muffin pan. Try to make them like tiny pie crusts or cups.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. (If they puff up in the middle press them back down while warm with a measuring spoon.)
- Switch the oven to broil.
- Place a Hershey's square or two in each cup (still warm so they melt).
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place them on top of the chocolate with the cut side down.
- Place the pan in the oven and broil to toast the marshmallows. WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK! It is easy to burn the marshmallows and ruin your delicious treat.
- Enjoy them warm (cool for a bit before removing) or fully cooled.
If you love this recipe you will also love these s’mores recipes:
Leave a Reply