Good morning, my friends! Today I am excited to share with you my mother’s crockpot lemon chicken recipe. My mother did not enjoy cooking, so she only cooked a limited number of easy recipes, but she cooked them WELL. The woman loved sweets and comfort food, much like yours truly! I had forgotten about this crockpot lemon chicken recipe of hers since I hadn’t made it since she passed away 14 years ago, so I was delighted to come across it in her old recipe box. My dad was delighted as well. It was a tasty blast from the past. 🙂
Let me show you the simple steps in picture form, and then you can grab the full recipe at the bottom of the post in an easily printable format.
Cut the excess fat from the chicken breasts and pat them dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper the chicken. Flour the chicken, and then brown the chicken (usually takes 2-3 minutes) in hot oil on both sides. Place the browned chicken into the crockpot
In a bowl, stir together thawed lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook in the crockpot for 3-5 hours.
Viola! Enjoy this recipe, and be sure to check out some of my mother’s other great dinner recipes, a few of which are listed at the bottom of this post.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup flour
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ~2 Tablespoons oil
- 12 ounce can thawed lemonade concentrate
- 6 Tablespoons ketchup
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Cut the excess fat from the chicken breasts.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Flour the chicken.
- Brown the chicken (usually takes 2-3 minutes) in hot oil on both sides.
- Place browned chicken into the crockpot.
- In a bowl, stir together the thawed lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook in the crockpot for 3-5 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the sauce. Shred or cut up the chicken.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan.
- Blend cold water and cornstarch.
- Add the cold water and cornstarch mixture to the sauce and thicken the sauce over medium high heat.
- Combine the chicken and the sauce once more and serve over rice.
Here are a few more of my mother’s simple but tasty dinner recipes: