These rich, decadent dark chocolate s’mores cookies are sure to delight kids and adults alike! They are sinfully indulgent but playful all at once.
It’s S’mores Saturday, and today I have a real treat for you: Dark Chocolate S’mores Cookies! (And I do mean DARK! Yummmmm….)
Prepare yourselves for the richest s’mores inspired treats that you have ever tried! (Well, unless you’ve made my Decadent & Dark Chocolate S’mores Pie, that is….) These cookies are overwhelmingly rich. I had to eat mine with a tall glass of milk, but mmmmmm MMMMMMMM was it good!!
This recipe was adapted from a dark chocolate cookie recipe that my husband found in an America’s Test Kitchen cookbook. (We LOVE America’s Test Kitchen cookbooks!!) I used it as a jumping off point for the creation of these dark chocolate s’mores cookies.
Start by making the cookies, and after baking take the following steps to add the “s’mores” to the dark chocolate s’mores cookies.
Spread melted chocolate on top of the slightly to totally cooled cookie and liberally sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of it.
Top the cookie with mini marshmallows.
Place the cookie under a broiler until the marshmallows brown. WATCH CAREFULLY! They can burn in a matter of seconds.
Here is the full recipe for these dark chocolate s’mores cookies. I know you will love them. They are the perfect mix of rich “grownup” treat and whimsical “kiddie” treat. 🙂
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup DARK corn syrup
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed DARK brown sugar
- 1 cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips, plus additional for melting
- graham cracker crumbs (approximately 4-6 crushed graham crackers)
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the dark corn syrup, egg white and vanilla in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl. beat the softened butter, dark brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add corn syrup mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Make dough balls about 2 Tablespoons large and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Gently press the balls so they are flattened a bit.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly to totally before the following step.
- Switch the oven to the Broil setting.
- Prepare the graham cracker crumbs by placing the graham crackers in a blender until they are evenly crushed.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips (about 1 cup) by placing them in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each heating. When the chocolate has melted spread it evenly over the cookies.
- Top the warm, melted chocolate with a liberal amount of graham cracker crumbs.
- Top each cookie with mini marshmallows.
- Place the cookies under the broiler until browned. WATCH THEM THE ENTIRE TIME!! They burn in a matter of seconds! Mine only took about one minute.
- Cool and enjoy!
Enjoy your divine dark chocolate s’mores cookies!
Here are a few more “grownup” s’mores recipes that you are sure to love: