When I posted my S’mores Pancakes recipe as last Saturday’s installment into the S’mores Saturdays series I promised to share with you our simple and divine recipe for homemade buttermilk syrup. Here it is, as promised.
Start by placing 1 cup sugar, 1 cup buttermilk, and 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter into a saucepan.
Heat over medium to medium-high heat until the butter is melted and bubbles begin to form on the edges of the pan. (Just before it comes to a boil.) Now add 1 Tablespoon of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to the pan and stir. It will bubble up and be frothy, as shown below.
Now pour it liberally over something delicious, such as the S’mores Pancakes. Yum yum yum!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine the sugar, buttermilk, and butter in a saucepan.
- Heat and melt the ingredients together over medium heat, stirring regularly. If you do NOT stir then the buttermilk may curdle.
- When the mixture starts to bubble and boil around the edges pull it off of the heat and add the vanilla and the baking powder. Stir them together quickly and watch the mixture bubble up and grow.
- Pour liberally over your food and ENJOY!
Did you remember that Watermelon Week is still going on? Well, it is! Here are the new tutorials that went up today.
Suzy from Suzy’s Sitcom (the organizer of this fun week) has made Sweet Watermelon Hand Towels