This s’mores pancakes recipe from Craft Quickies is the ultimate decadent brunch item! Graham-cracker buttermilk pancakes with s’mores fixings!
Ummmm…..yum, right?! I was panicking yesterday about not having today’s S’mores Saturdays post ready yet, and then it occurred to me that I could just recruit my husband to make me a decadent Saturday brunch and share that recipe this afternoon. I’m so glad that I did, because these pancakes were yummmmy! Mmmm……
Aren’t my personal chefs the cutest ever?! I think so!
Making S’mores Pancakes
I will share the recipe with you below, but in short it is a classic buttermilk pancake recipe, but it uses half graham cracker crumbs and half flour. You can buy graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle of your grocery store, or you can throw some actual graham crackers into a food processor to make your own graham cracker crumbs. The chocolate chips and marshmallows were place on the pancakes after we poured the batter onto the griddle, as shown below. Each marshmallow and chocolate chip was gently pushed into the pancake batter.
The marshmallows melted into the pancakes during cooking, leaving little holes, but that’s ok, because you can still taste the marshmallows. I sprinkled extras around my plate to add a bit more marshmallow flavor as well.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- miniature marshmallows
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, wish together the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg.
- Pour the liquids into the bowl of dry ingredients and gently whisk them together until only a few lumps are left.
- Heat a skillet and grease it with butter.
- Pour scoops of batter onto the skillet. Sprinkle chocolate chips and mini marshmallows on top of the pancakes as quickly as possible, gently pressing them into the batter.
- After a couple of minutes (when you start to see some bubbles) flip the pancakes and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Top with syrup (we prefer homemade buttermilk syrup) and garnish with chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows, if desired.
- Enjoy! Yum, yum, yum!
Yum, yum, yum!! These are a rich and decadent treat! I know you are going to love them!
I am going to be sharing our homemade buttermilk syrup recipe later this week on the blog, so stay tuned for that! It is divine, as well as super simple!