As we have established, fall is my favorite season, and I even have a Pinterest board dedicated entirely to it entitled Fall: My Favorite Season! And one of my all-time favorite, go-to recipes for fall is Pumpkin Waffles. I am so excited to share it with you today! We make it several times through the season, and we always, ALWAYS make our Buttermilk Syrup to accompany it. It is TO. DIE. FOR. Here’s the recipe. ENJOY!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs (separate the yolks and whites)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ¾ cup margarine or butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix dry ingredient and set aside.well.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites.
- Beat egg yolks with a mixer, save the whites.
- Add milk, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla to the beaten egg yolks and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into mixture.
- Cook in a waffle iron. (Be sure to grease the waffle iron in between each waffle with a spray of PAM.)
- Top with syrup, preferably homemade buttermilk syrup.