Soooo…… remember my recent Sunday Spotlight on Kristen from the blog Six Sisters’ Stuff?? Ummm…yeah. She is guest posting on my tiny little blog today!! **Pinch me!!** She says I am silly and that’s it’s just HER. I say she’s a rockstar, whether she’s my down-to-earth buddy or not! 🙂 Now’s let turn the time over to one of the most successful food bloggers around for a recipe for S’mores Bars, shall we? 🙂
I am so excited to be guest posting for Sarah today! My name is Kristen and I blog at Six Sisters’ Stuff. Sarah and I met at a Blog Conference this past year and have become good friends. I have been blogging with my sisters since February 2011 and we love to share easy family recipes, crafts and ideas! Hope you like our S’mores Bars!
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1½ cups marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough (3 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate, if necessary, to get it to fit in a single layer no more than ¼ inch thick). Spread marshmallow creme over chocolate layer. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small, flat shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Makes 16 bars.
This recipe is out of our new cookbook!
Check it out for yourself right HERE.
Mmmmmm….don’t they look amazing?! I can’t wait to try them!!! Be sure to check out all of the other amazing recipes that have been shared thus far during my S’mores Saturdays Series! Yum, yum!
For more s’mores recipe inspiration see my S’mores Recipes board on Pinterest!