It’s here. The final day of the S’mores Saturdays series that I have been running all summer long. It’s a sad, sad day, my friends. It has been a delicious summer, but school is back in session, and I am ready for the cooler weather to roll in now. Bring on the changing leaves, more flattering layers and scarfs of fall, boots, my mama’s pumpkin bread, and — most importantly — HALLOWEEN!!!!! I have a longstanding obsession with Halloween. Quite possibly my only obsession that is greater than my s’mores obsession. But it totally is. If you follow me on Pinterest you have probably noticed. I am PUMPED for the Halloween season to begin! I hate scary and gory stuff, but I love smiling pumpkins, orange and black decorations, costumes, and the sheer joy that kids feel for this holiday. It’s the bomb. So, so many tutorials and posts to come. Prepare yourself. And, in the meantime, check out my Halloween posts from last year. I went a little nuts. Just like I did with these s’mores. My friend even threatened to convene a s’mores intervention for me. LOL. So we will now say a very temporary farewell to my beloved s’mores with one final recipe for the summer: Smores Crepes! Yum.
S’mores Crepes consist of traditional crepes, full of marshmallow fluff, chocolate sauce or hot fudge, and graham cracker crumbs. Naturally, I recommend using my homemade hot fudge sauce recipe, and I will also be sharing with you a recipe for homemade marshmallow fluff on Monday! Are you excited and intrigued? It is SO EASY. I had no clue until I got the recipe from a friend. Too fun! However, you could obviously use store bought supplies as well.
I will be sharing my husband’s family’s crepes recipes. I myself didn’t cook them, so I am not a crepe expert. I am sure there are hundreds of crepes recipes and posts about great crepe cooking tips out there that will be much more thorough than this, but here are a few tips: spray the skillet lightly with cooking spray if they are sticking, be careful not to make them too thick, and have the pan pretty hot. That’s all I’ve got. Sorry. My husband made the crepes while I was making the marshmallow fluff. But I do think you will like this crepe recipe because it it made in a blender, so it’s quick and easy.
As you can see, our little princess heartily approved. Isn’t she the cutest?!
Now on to the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- marshmallow fluff
- chocolate sauce
- graham crackers, crumbled
- Place milk, flour, water, sugar, eggs and salt into a blender.
- Blend well until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Spray it lightly with cooking oil.
- Pour a small amount of the batter into the pan and twirl the pan around quickly to help it spread into an evenly thin layer.
- Cook until the batter begins to firm and set and the edges begin to curl slightly. (You can also test the edges with a spatula to see if they are ready to peel up, which also allows you to peek underneath.)
- Flip the crepe and cook the other side until slightly golden.
- Once your crepe is cooked spread marshmallow fluff onto the inside of it. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with crumbled graham crackers.
- Roll up and garnish with the filling ingredients if desired.
Don’t forget to check out all of the amazing recipes in the S’mores Saturdays series that have been shared throughout the summer by myself and guest bloggers. Yum, yum, yum!
S’mores Strawberries, S’mores Shake, S’mores Dippers, S’mores Crepes, S’mores Ice Cream Cake, S’mores Swirled Brownies, S’mores Push Pops, S’mores Pancakes, S’mores Fudge, S’mores Bars, 75 S’mores Inspired Recipes, S’mores Marshmallows and Easy S’mores Bites.