Welcome to day two of chocolate week, which has actually turned into Chocolate-Three-Days! Woohoo! If you want back story you need to check out yesterday’s post. While you are there be sure to enter the giveaway for a chance to win $50 worth of Cold Stone Chocolates! Yum!
Today I am sharing with you a hot fudge recipe that I got from a friend about five years ago. I had one I liked, but once I tasted this one I never went back. It is THICK, man. It puts the FUDGE in hot fudge! Mmmm mmmmm good!!! And EASY, too! So, without further ado, I give you my favorite hot fudge sauce recipe. It is shown here with Italian Creme Cake Blue Bell Ice Cream, but I actually prefer it with their Homemade Vanilla. Or with peppermint ice cream during December. That is my real favorite!!! Whoa, baby….gotta go find me some ice cream!
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (I prefer dark or semisweet.)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 can evaporated milk (about 1⅓ cups)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, slowly melt chocolate chips and butter over the heat, stirring regularly.
- Add the other ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 8 minutes to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Serve over ice cream or pound cake.
This is random, but isn’t my little assistant the cutest?! Oh, and our neighbors must think I am the weirdest ever. Photo shoots on tv tables in the front yard? Yep, that’s just how we roll….
Don’t forget to enter to $50 in Cold Stone Chocolates!!! Yum!!