This no-knead rosemary artisan bread recipe is perfect for a dinner or for when you want to impress! It is simple to make and a joy to eat!
This INCREDIBLE no-knead rosemary artisan bread is my newest obsession. Seriously SO FREAKING GOOD!! A woman at my church brought me dinner and this no-knead rosemary artisan bread was part of the meal. Our family flipped out over it. SO GOOD. I mean, AH-MAZE-ING! Crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, and so so sooo flavorful. I HAD to get the recipe from her, and then I HAD to share it with you! You’re welcome. 😉
Then we tried making it ourselves and the obsession grew.
First of all, having it WARM?! Can’t be beat!
Secondly, you can make it THE NIGHT BEFORE! This has revolutionized our Sunday dinners. Truly. We try to do a nice family meal every Sunday, but church is midday, so it messes up timing for things like rolls. It makes them impossible to prep and raise in time. This bread solves that problem! Make it the night before, let it sit, and ENNNNNNNJOY!
Lastly, it’s artisan bread with NO KNEADING. Seriously?! Too good to be true, right?! You would think, but nope! It’s true, and it is SO YUMMY.
Ok then, have I hyped it enough?? Haha. I thought so. Let me share the recipe for you. You will bake it in a Dutch oven. Fun.
(By the way, you can leave out the rosemary if you would like to, but it makes it SO flavorful, so I would never leave it out, personally.)
Recipe time! Here is how you make this incredible no-knead rosemary artisan bread.
- 2 cups BREAD flour
- 1 cup ALL-PURPOSE flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast, instant
- 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary PLUS 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary to go on top
- 1½ cups hot water (not boiling)
- 1½ teaspoons coarse sea salt to go on top
- Combine flour, yeast, salt, and 1 Tablespoon rosemary in large bowl and mix. Stir in water until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 8-24 hours.
- Dough will become puffy and dotted with bubbles. Transfer it to a well-floured surface and sprinkle with a little flour. Fold dough over several time and shape into a rough ball.
- Place on parchment paper that has been sprinkled with flour. Top with rosemary and slat flakes. Cut an "X" on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary and 1½ teaspoons coarse sea salt over the top of the loaf.
- Place cold Dutch oven with lid in oven and preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When oven reaches 450 degrees Fahrenheit carefully life the parchment paper with the dough and gently place it in the hot pot. Lid is hot - use oven mitts! Cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake another 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Enjoy your divine no-knead rosemary artisan bread!
Here are a couple more bread recipes that our family loves: