One of my FAVORITE things about Fall is all of the wonderful apples and apple recipes. This perfect apple crisp is one of my all time favorite Fall treats. This is one of my mother’s easy recipes, and I look forward to making it each year. Top it with some rich vanilla ice cream and you will have a perfect Fall dessert on your hands. YUMMMMMM!
Let’s take a look at how simple this recipe is to put together.
Start by peeling and slicing your apples and fill your baking dish with them. Sprinkle lemon juice over the top of the apple slices.
Get the full recipe here:
- about 4 cups apples (4-8 apples, peeled and chopped thin)
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅔ cup sifted flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- Peel the apples, slice them thin, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish. (Use as many apples as it takes to make the dish nice and full, but with enough room for the topping. The size of the apples and the height of the dish will determine how many you end up needing.)
- Sprinkle the apples with lemon juice.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add the melted butter, mixing until the butter is evenly distributed and the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apple slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
Here are a few more Fall recipes to inspire your tastebuds: