*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.
As soon as I saw Yoplait’s line of seasonal yogurts at Walmart I knew exactly what I wanted to make: Caramel Apple Muffins. So I grabbed three containers of the Yoplait Greek 100 Caramel Apple yogurt and headed home to get baking.
My family loves food that you can eat in a hurry, and muffins and sweet breads are staples around here. Whenever my husband’s mom comes to visit she uses a basic muffin recipe from The America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book (my fav!) to make different flavors of muffins, so I decided to adapt that by switching up the flavor with this yogurt and by adding lots of fun on top with a streusel topping and a caramel drizzle. YUM!
These muffins have been perfect for fall munching this week. I am obsessed with the flavor combo of caramel and apple. I think it is one of the most perfect flavor combos out there, I really do. These muffins turned out moist and sweet, with a mellow apple flavor that complimented the streusel topping and caramel just right. I hope that you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablsepoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups (3 containers) Yoplait Greek 100 Caramel Apple Yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- caramel candies
- whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the 3 cups flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt and eggs together until smooth.
- Fold the two mixtures together with a spatula until combined, then add the melted butter.
- Grease a muffin tin (12 muffin cups) well and scoop the batter evenly into the cups.
- In a new bowl, mix the ½ cup flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together with a fork.
- Add the melted butter and toss together with a fork so it is all moistened.
- Top the muffins with the streusel crumble.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes on a rack while you prep the caramel.
- Place the unwrapped caramel candies (however many you would like - I used most of a bag) in a large bowl. Add a touch of whipping cream to thin the caramel if so desire. Melt the caramel by heating in it the microwave in short increments (15 seconds or so), stirring in between each increment.
- Drizzle the melted caramel over the muffins with a spoon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Man, now I wish I still had some left to chow down on right this second! Let me know if you try this recipe, and I would love to hear: What is YOUR favorite way to snack with Yoplait?
If you enjoyed this post then you should also check out these brunch-friendly recipes:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.