Hello, friends! I am so excited, because today is the first day of my favorite series of the year: S’MORES SATURDAYS!!! I loved this series last year because I am a true s’mores addict. As in, I go through stages when I toast marshmallows under the broiler each night and eat s’mores after everyone else is in bed. I have some serious person problems. 😉 I am kicking off the series this summer with a Smores Muddy Buddies recipe. Yummmmmmm.
I had this idea and then I started seeing version of s’mores muddy buddies around on the internet. However, they were all made with peanut butter or Nutella. I set out to create a version that even my nut-allergy-ridden sister could eat. This was my result. Mmmmm……
- 5 cups Chocolate Chex
- 3 cups Golden Grahams
- 10 ounce bag Dark Chocolate Chips
- 15 ounces of mini marshmallows (two 10 oz bags)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 - 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Place the chocolate chips, one 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows, and 4 Tablespoons of butter into a large non-stick pot.
- Stir the ingredients together over medium to medium high heat until melted together.
- Add ¼ cup of milk and combine to thin out the mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Chocolate Chex and Golden Grahams. Stir slowly until the cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Cool for a bit and then put the mixture into a large ziploc bag. Add the powdered sugar and shake up the mixture.
- Add 5 more ounces of mini marshmallows and shake to combine.
- Cool and serve.
Be sure to check out the rest of the S’mores Saturdays recipes from last year! Here are a few of my favorites: