It’s Angela again! About one week from today I will be in Disneyland. I am so excited!!! My family and I are huge Disney fans. We always seem to find an excuse to have a Disney vacation at least once a year. And in my opinion every Disney adventure always requires lots of crafting and sewing. I have been busy making some fun outfits for my kids and my nieces. I have also been making a few accessories as well. Today I want to share with you a few of the hair bows that the girls will be wearing, and of course one of those is Frozen themed. It is super simple to make… which makes this bow even better!
You will need:
Two different colors of ribbon
1. After you cut your ribbon to your desired length, Make one loop about 1/4 length of your ribbon.
2. Make another loop the same size as the first.
3. Make another loop
4. Make the last loop. Make sure all of your ribbon loops are the same size.
5. Pinch the middle of your bow with your finger.
6. Tie a string around the center of your bow.
7. Make another bow the same way you created your first bow, but make it smaller.
8. Tie your two bows together with either string or ribbon.
9. Glue your hair clip to the back of the bow.
10. Add some fun decoration on top. For this Frozen bow I used a snowflake that I cut out of felt. Then I put an Elsa button on top of that.
Once you get the hang of it, they are easy to make in any size. Below is a bow I made to go with a Snow White outfit. Although, since it is back to school season this would make a pretty cute back to school bow. I made this the exact same way as I did the Elsa bow, I just used smaller ribbon.
Here is another version of this bow, this time Minnie Mouse.
I can’t wait to share the outfits that go with each of these bows. I’ll share those after our trip!
Enjoy customizing your own bow!
If you liked this idea then you may like these: