Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite super simple recipes: Christopher Robin Magic Cookie Bars. I’m not sure where the name for these cookie bars came from. I have seen similar recipes called layered cookie bars, but for some reason my sister calls them Christopher Robin Magic Cookie Bars. She used to make them all the time in college, because they are simple enough for a cooking-inept college girl to make. EVEN ME! I used to be the WORST cook. Seriously. Just ask my college BFF. She has some tales to tell…..I have even messed up a BROWNIE MIX before! I guess the old saying is really true: Practice Makes Perfect! (Or at least practice makes adequate.)
The exact measurements for this are below, but here is the process in a nutshell. You will need a graham cracker crust, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and sweetened condensed milk.
First I made a graham cracker crust with graham cracker crumbs, a bit of sugar, and melted butter. I even had a few little helpers involved! This is the first time my little girl has wanted to help me cook. She is irresistibly cute, but she is growing up way too quickly for her mama’s liking!
Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
Now sprinkle the bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
Next sprinkle the bag of white chocolate chips on top.
Now sprinkle shredded coconut evenly over the top of all of those chocolate chips.
Your happy helpers can help with all of this! Fun!
Finally, drizzle a full can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the whole pan.
Time to bake! Bake until the coconut is golden, as shown below.
Ta-da! You are all done! So simple, but sooo yummy! Chewy, rich, and just plain YUMILICIOUS! Mmmmm…..
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 bag (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag (2 cups) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin to make the graham cracker crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir them together well.
- Melt the butter and add it to the graham cracker crumb mixture. Stir it in evenly with a fork.
- Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle the bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the bag of white chocolate chips on top.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top evenly.
- Drizzle a full can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the whole pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes until the coconut is golden.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you may also like: