I am excited to share with you today a shredded barbecue chicken sandwich recipe! This is one of my favorite go-to meals because it is so EASY! It is made in a crockpot, and it is a fantastic freezer meal as well! When I make this meal I usually double the sauce and dump half of it in a crockpot with chicken and the rest into a large ziploc bag with chicken and freeze it. Just pull it out, let it thaw, and pop it in a crockpot the next day for a super simple dinner solution!
Check out how simple this is to throw together!
Start by stirring together all of your ingredients.
Place your chicken in the crockpot and pour the sauce over the top of the chicken. Cook on low for 4 – 6 hours.
Shred the chicken when the cooking time is nearing the end and allow it to soak up the sauce.
Spoon the chicken onto a roll and enjoy!
- sub sandwich rolls
- 4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix the barbecue sauce with all of the ingredients listed under it.
- Place the chicken in a crockpot.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time, shred the chicken and allow it to cook for a bit longer to really soak up the sauce.
- Heap onto a sub sandwich roll and enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from the recipe for Sweet Baby Ray’s Chicken on Stick a Fork in It.
If you like this recipe then you are sure to love these as well, all of which also double as freezer meals!