It’s Minnie Mouse Week!!! Yes, my friends, it is true. It is FINALLY here. Minnie Mouse week. I am so excited about everything that I have to show you this week! One to two new tutorial each and every day this week and an amazing giveaway! Not to mention the final installment in the S’mores Saturdays series this weekend. Whew! What a fun week! I have been promising Minnie Mouse week for a long time, and it is finally here. Sorry for the delay, but I think it will be worth the wait. I hope you agree!
My daughter has a long-standing love affair with Minnie Mouse. And by long-standing I mean less than a year old. Because she is really young. 🙂 But when she was five months old we took the family trip to beat all family trips to Disneyland. Her brother got to meet the “real” Peter Pan and the “real” Lightning McQueen. He thought he had died and gone to Heaven. Never have I seen a little boy so excited! In preparation for our trip I bought an outrageous ruffle romper for my daughter and made her an outrageous Minnie Mouse Headband. I had dreams in my head of a perfect picture of her with Minnie Mouse. But, after my son’s picture with Peter Pan and Lightning McQueen were both a complete bust I felt completely defeated. But then my little princess delivered. She was more enamored with Minnie Mouse than I ever would have dreamed.
Cutest thing EVER, right?! I think so at least! She was stroking Minnie’s face. Even the park employees were completely obsessed. It was a very pleasant moment! And she has retained that love for Minnie ever since. Whenever we show her a Minnie Mouse picture or toy and say, “See your mouse?!” she giggles. Cutest.
I thought I would kick off the week with the ultimate Minnie Mouse giveaway, as well as a crazy-simple headband tutorial. I spent time gathering up prizes donated from the cutest small businesses and Etsy shops, some of whom are readers of this blog, and I am so excited to give you the opportunity to win!! But let’s start with the tutorial. This tutorial is from one of the giveaway sponsors, Fleuriste Supplies, and this very headband is actually included in the prize package! Fun!
Ready for the simplest tutorial ever? For this headband you will need the following, all of which I found at Fleuriste Supplies:
* polka dot red and white fold over elastic
* a black rolled flower (buy one or make your own with this tutorial)
* a miniature red sequined Minnie Mouse applique
* a tiny black resin bow
* a hot glue gun
Start by cutting your elastic to the appropriate size. I usually do two inches smaller than my daughter’s head, and 15 inches has become my default for baby headbands that aren’t for a newborn. Now you can either sew or hot glue the elastic ends together. I always used to sew them, but the ladies at Fleuriste clued me in on the secret that they hot glue the headbands they sell pre-made, and that their customers have had no problems with them! Hey, you won’t hear me arguing with something that will just make my life even simpler!
Now simply glue the mouse head on top of the rolled flower, and glue the resin bow on top of the mouse head.
Now glue the rolled flower onto the elastic. Be generous with the glue.
Cute, cute, cute, right?! And so simple it is almost ridiculous!! Love it. I made one for the giveaway, but I also made one for my little mouse. Couldn’t resist.
Now on to the giveaway! I am so excited about this!!! This prize package is made up of donations from small businesses and shops (and one large business, but they rock!), and it is valued at approximately $200!! Jackpot!!! It’s Minnie Mouse Heaven!! Let’s see what goodies you could win, shall we?
* A handmade Minnie Mouse Dress from Chameleon Girls in the size of your choice. Check out their princess play dress collection and be sure to follow them on FB and IG. Awesome stuff!
* A beautiful, handmade Minnie Mouse Christmas ornament and Minnie and Mickey Magnet set from Keepsakes by Nicholina. Check her out on Etsy for all of her darling Christmas ornaments. I adored handmade Christmas ornaments and think that they make the perfect gifts! This shop can also be found on FB as well.
* An outrageous ruffle romper (like my little mouse’s) in the size of your choice from Posh Peanuts. Check out their entire selection of outrageously fab and over-the-top clothing for little ladies online and on FB! Too many ruffles. I am in paradise!
* A huge collection of Minnie Mouse themed ribbons from Ribbon Revelry. You have to see the ribbon selections in this Etsy shop! So cute, and at great prices! I am totally crushing on the Halloween ribbons that are filling up the shop right now! Ribbon Revelry can also be found on FB, Twitter, and IG.
* A fabulous handmade necklace from Bitty Bling. When my girl saw this she screamed bloody murder because I wouldn’t let her wear it. It combines her two favorite things: Minnie Mouse and bling. Too, too fab. Check out all of Bitty Bling’s little lady bling on Etsy and FB! I am always appalled when I see people selling kid necklaces for crazy prices, and I appreciate the extremely reasonable prices in this Etsy shop, especially since the pieces are so high quality!
* A handmade Minnie Mouse Headband using supplies from Fleuriste Supplies, as shown above. Be sure to follow Fleuriste Supplies on FB, where they often offer up deals of the day and grab bags that are discounted to rock bottom prices. Fun!
* Two yards of beautiful, vintage-style Minnie and Mickey fabric from Maktub Boutique. This is not the cheesy Disney fabric that is everywhere at big craft stores now. This is unique and beautiful. I love the vintage feel! Be sure to check out Maktub Boutique on Etsy and on IG!
* A Mickey & Friends Cricut Cartridge, donate by Cricut. SCORE, right?! This cartridge is so cool, and you can use it to make the Disney Countdown that was shared earlier in the year. I will be sharing another tutorial which utilizes this cartridge later in the week. Be sure to browse Cricut’s website for crafty inspiration and to follow them on FB!
Whew! What a haul!! Amazing, right?! I am so excited for one of you to win this!! I know there are a lot of entry options, but I hope that you take a few extra minutes to do all of them so that our small business donors get the extra love that I think they deserve for their generous and super fun donations! GOOD LUCK!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Be sure to follow along for the rest of the week as new Minnie Mouse tutorials will be popping up daily, along with pictures from my daughter’s first birthday party on Friday. And be sure to follow my Pinterest board entitled An Ode to Minnie Mouse so that you never miss a mousey-fab idea!
(Affiliate Links below – This means I get a small credit for referring you to the company, but it doesn’t cost you any extra.)
If you want to take your little lady to meet Minnie Mouse at “The Happiest Place on Earth,” then you should check out the travel agency Get Away Today. They have vacation LAYAWAY PLANS! Isn’t that brilliant?! Paying off your vacay a bit at a time makes it so much more realistic and affordable! Check out their amazing discounts and packages, and be sure to use the coupon code BLING to get an additional $10 off of your booking!