Of all the chicken recipes I make, this creamy crouton chicken is by far my favorite. Not only is it super quick and easy to make, but everyone loves it.
I whipped this recipe out last night for my in-laws. It is one of my tried and true favorite chicken recipes. Read on for details and instructions.
I love this chicken recipe. It is one of my go-to recipes. I can always remember what I need for it at the store, and it comes together so quickly and easily. Plus, it is seriously tasty. Seriously.
I got this recipe from my sister’s mother-in-law. In fact, we all refer to it as “Sally Nielson Chicken.” But for some reason I didn’t think that would be a great title for it on my blog and on Pinterest, so Creamy Crouton Chicken it is! So much more descriptive, right?
Let’s get started!
Chicken Recipes: Creamy Crouton Chicken Directions
Step 1 Grab your ingredients: 4 chicken breasts, a can of Cream of Chicken soup, a cup of herb-seasoned croutons, sliced swiss cheese, half of a stick of butter, and rice.
Step 2 Slice your chicken breasts in half (or even into thirds if they are very large) and lay them in a greased baking pan or casserole dish. Top them with swiss cheese. Yummerooni.
Step 4 Finally, crush up your croutons. I usually just beat the heck out of the bag by pounding on it with my fists. Even if I don’t need them all that day I like to keep them on hand for this recipe, so that’s no big deal. Sprinkle them over the sauce. Now melt your butter and drizzle that over the whole dish.
Umm…..that’s it! You’re done! For real. So easy. So tasty. Bake for about 45 – 60 mins at 350 degrees. (I usually do 60 because I’m paranoid about raw meat. It creeps me out in a big way.) Don’t forget to cook your rice as well!
Now put your chicken on rice and ENJOY! Yum yum yum! I just had the leftovers of this tonight and man oh man were they good. Here is the recipe in a more compact format for you:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in ½)
- Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, mixed with ¼ cup water
- 1 cup herb-seasoned croutons, crushed
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- Place chicken breasts in greased baking dish.
- Place one big slice of swiss cheese over each piece of chicken.
- Mix the Cream of Chicken soup with ¼ cup water and pour over the top of the chicken.
- Crush the croutons and spread over the top.
- Melt butter or margarine and drizzle over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and serve over rice.
Here is a super duper Pinnable collage for you: