Good morning! Do you remember the S’mores Rice Krispie Treat Sandwiches that I made this summer? (Still one of my favorite treats EVER, by the way!!) Well, these Caramel Rice Krispie Treat Sandwiches are actually the inspiration for that recipe. Six or seven years ago I had these at a party and went nuts for them! I begged the recipe off of my friend (Thanks, Amy!) and love them just as much today as I did back then!
This summer I was mulling over recipes to create for the S’mores Saturdays and it occured to me that I could tweak this recipe to make it s’mores themed. And then it occurred to me that I hadn’t shared this original recipe yet!! Shame on me, because it is AH-MAZE-ING!!
If you are looking for a perfect treat to bring to a party then look no further than this and/or the s’mores version! These Caramel Rice Krispie Treats Sandwiches are insanely delicious and insanely simple to make! They are devilishly decadent!
Here is what you will need to make them: Rice Krispies, a bag and a half of mini marshmallows, caramels or caramel melting bits, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. (There is too much butter a caramels in this photo. I was doubling it. Follow the measurements below for correct amounts.)
Make Rice Krispie treats in the usual way. (More specific instructions below.) Press the mixture into a cookie sheet so that they are thin. Allow the Rice Krispie treats to cool.
As the Rice Krispie treats cool, make the caramel mixture. Melt the remaining butter and the caramel. Add 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk to the melted caramel and stir until combined and smooth.
Cut the pan of Rice Krispie treats in half. On one half, slather it with the caramel mixture. Top liberally with mini marshmallows. Now use a spatula to flip the remaining Rice Krispie treats on top of the marshmallows to create a giant Rice Krispie treat sandwich.
Now cut and serve! I dare you not to eat 5 in a row! This is one of my favorite recipes to double and bring to a party. It is just as easy to make a double batch, and there are TONS of them, so they are perfect for a big group. Plus, people go nuts for them!
- 10 Tablespoons butter (1¼ sticks)
- 1½ - 16 oz bags of mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramels or caramel melting bits
- Melt 1 stick (8 T.) of butter and 1 (16 oz) bag of mini marshmallows in a large pot over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the Rice Krispies to the pot and stir together well. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the Rice Krispie treat mixture from the pot and press it out thin onto a large cookie sheet. Allow to cool.
- As the Rice Krispie treats are cooling, melt the caramels with the remaining 2 T. of butter. Once the caramel is melted, add ½ can of sweetened condensed milk and stir until combined and smooth.
- Cut the Rice Krispie treats in half. Slather the caramel spread liberally onto one of the halves.
- Top the caramel spread with mini marshmallows.
- Use a spatula to flip the remaining Rice Krispie treats on top of the mini marshmallows.
- Cut up and enjoy!
If you love this recipe then be sure to check out these recipes as well: