We will now take a detour from our regularly programming (a.k.a. baby headband tutorials—a new one of which will be up tomorrow, by the way) to talk home decor. I haven’t really delved into DIY projects and home decor on this blog, aside from holidays of course, but that is going to be changing soon.
We are living with my dad while my husband finishes his training, and my dad has quite suddenly decided that he wants to remodel his kitchen and redecorate pretty much the entire main floor. I have no clue where this is coming from. Don’t get me wrong: IT NEEDS IT. The early 1990s peach and blue decor that my mom loved oh-so-much is still running rampant in this house, and it really should have gone over a decade ago. But it didn’t, which is why I am surprised that he has so suddenly decided that it’s time for a new look. And yet, he has, and so my mind is now turning day and night as I dream and scheme up ways to do things while balancing my desire for the house to be “hip” and my dad’s desire for it to be “simple and manly.” We will find a way. We will.
Luckily, he has agreed that if I want to redo our bedrooms he doesn’t care what I do in them. As in, he said I could paint the walls red with polka dots if I want my little lady to have a Minnie Mouse nursery. Not saying I’m going to do that, but it was the most extreme example I could give him, and he shrugged. No one was more shocked by that laisse faire reaction than me!
And so I have found myself on the lookout for unique decor that will stand out but not break the bank. One of my favorite stores? World Market! Are you familiar with World Market? If not, then you need to be! Seriously, people, familiarize yourself with it. (You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, or go and browse their awesome Pinterest boards. That’s what I intend to do!) I didn’t discover World Market until a few years ago when my sisters kept turning up in the cutest earrings and bright and colorful scarves and kept giving the credit for them to World Market. My world has not been the same since!
World Market has everything from super fun international foods to awesome jewelry to amazing furniture! It is one of those stores that you didn’t know you NEEDED a single thing from until you walked into it….and walked out hundreds of dollars later. But there’s the catch: hundreds of dollars later you would have a BUNCH of stuff! The prices rock!
I am lucky enough to live in beautiful Denver, Colorado, and if you are too then you will want to check out the amazing store that World Market is re-opening next week. As a blogger I got lucky enough to be invited to the big Preview Party. I am so excited to go meet a girlfriend and go shopping kid free! Below you can see all of the events that are going on for any and all Denver area residents to enjoy during the Grand Opening Week and Weekend. These events will be happening ONLY at the Skyline Plaza World Market store, located at 770 S. Colorado Blvd & E Ohio Avenue.
* On Thursday, February 28th there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Grand Opening at 9:00 a.m.
* Each day from Thursday, February 28th through Sunday, March 3rd World Market will be giving away free tote bags for the first 200 customers each day. There will also be daily raffle drawings, with awesome prizes, including $100 World Market gift cards and World Market gift baskets!
* There will be free tastings and live entertainment on Thursday, February 28th and Friday, March 1st between the hours of 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, as well as on Saturday, March 2nd and Sunday, March 3rd between the hours of 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
* On Saturday, March 2nd there will be a World Market Passport Giveaway! This means that customers can shop their way to fun freebies, including 2 free tickets to an exclusive OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL in IMA 3D pre-release movie screening and $20 in concession stand gift cards. Hurry in while supplies last!
* On Sunday, March 2rd between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm ALICE Radio will be doing Radio Remote and giving away concert tickets to Bon Jovi, as well as World Market gift cards!
Are you excited? I am! Watch out, Dad, because I’m going to come home with my head full of exotic furniture dreams! He is bound and determined not to let me talk him into a red couch. Think I can sway him on this little beauty? We shall see, we shall see.