Have you heard of Origami Owl Living Lockets? I hadn’t, but one of my readers, Carrie Rogers, is a distributor and clued me in to the fabulousness that is Living Lockets. As soon as I saw pictures I knew that a Living Locket giveaway was something that I wanted to give my readers the opportunity to enter! These lockets are so dang cute, and I love that you can make them truly *you* and one-of-a-kind! So cool. I usually make big, elaborate beaded necklaces for my jewelry business, Bombshell Bling, so this is veering in a different jewelry direction for me. And I like it! Let me tell you a bit more about these fun lockets.
Origami Owl Living Lockets™ is a unique customizable piece of jewelry. Each locket is custom designed by YOU! You choose the charms that tell the story of your life and represents what matters the most to you. Each locket is held closed by four strong magnets, making them secure enough to hold your favorite charms yet easy enough to change them as your life changes.
I went to Carrie’s branch of the Origami Owl website and browsed around and dreamed up a locket of my own. I think I would get the Large Silver Locket with Crystals, and I think I would stick with my signature red and black when I was filling it up. Here are the charms that jumped out as “me,” along with the reasons why I would choose them.
* “Mom” charm, for obvious reasons.
* A blingy “S,” which is my initial.
* A wedding ring to represent my marriage and that I am a jewelry maker who loves bling.
* A soda bottle to represent my Dr. Pepper addiction.
* Red lipstick because I am SOO a red lipstick girl!
* A treble clef because I love to sing and perform. In fact, my husband and I met serving as performing missionaries for our church, and we have done quite a bit of community theater and summer theater together since then.
* A red high heel. It’s just me. I even wore red t-strap heels under my wedding dress!
* A “Love to Read” book. I have always loved to read, although I can’t find quite as much time to do it these days as I would like.
* “In Memory Of” to represent my sweet mama and what a big part of my life she was and is.
* A cameo charm to represent my love of genealogy/family history work.
* A computer charm to represent this little blog ‘o mine.
The locket is composed of solid jewelry-grade stainless steel, and it is hypoallergenic and will not rust or tarnish. Measuring in at 25mm in diameter, this locket will hold approximately 4-7 charms (depending on charm size). The chain is 18 inches in length and is beautifully plated in 925 sterling silver.
To get started dreaming up your own locket visit the website for step by step instructions. I think they would make the best gifts! Mother’s Day, grandmother gifts, bridesmaid gifts….anything! Check out some of the awesome lockets that you can build:
And here is some great news: Craft Quickies fans will receive a FREE charm with the purchase of any Living Locket™!
To claim your FREE charm you need to send Carrie a message via her Facebook business page with your completed order number, choice of free charm, and let her know that Craft Quickies sent you! Please do not place the charm in your cart when checking out.
If you are interested in ordering a Living Locket or in exploring the possibility of becoming an Origami Owl Independent Designer yourself then be sure to contact Carria via her Facebook business page! She is so sweet and I love working with and supporting mom-owned businesses. I know you will too!
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter to win a free Medium Silver Living Locket with a Ball Station Chain!**
**Disclaimer: Origami Owl Designers and Designers in Waiting are not eligible. Not to be combined with any other offer. Open to US residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway