Christmas S’mores Surprise is a simple dessert recipe the whole family will love. Ooey, gooey, and sure to delight, it’s perfect for holiday parties!
So, obviously, I had to create a Christmasy s’mores recipe to share with you today. Obviously. As we all know, I have s’mores problems. This recipe is a twist on one of my family’s favorite easy dessert recipes, which I shared a few weeks ago: Christopher Robin Magic Cookie Bars. This version turned out SOO much gooey-er than the originals, I think because of the baking melts and the marshmallows. If you want them less gooey you could use standard chocolate chips and less sweetened condensed milk. Or you can do what I did and embrace the warm, oozing, gooey-ness and eat it with a spoon. Then let the remainder of the dish sit uncovered overnight and it will harden enough to be cut into bars even using this precise recipe.
Let’s take a quick rundown of the process and then I will give you the detailed recipe at the end of the post.
One thing that I love about this Christmas S’mores Surprise recipe is that it is simple enough for a cute, wiggly little helper to make with you!
Making Christmas S’mores Surprise
Step 1 To make this recipe you will need graham cracker crumbs, butter, Hershey’s baking melts (or chocolate chips), White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s, mini marshmallows, and sweetened condensed milk.
Step 2 Make a graham cracker crust and press it into the bottom of a small, greased casserole dish.
Step 3 Spread the bag of baking melts (or chocolate chips) evenly over the graham cracker crust.
Step 4 Now add most of the marshmallows. Leave a handful aside.
Step 5 Add most of the M&M’s. Once again, leave a handful aside.
Step 6 Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the whole dish. (Use less than a full can if you want it less gooey.)
Step 7 Sprinkle the remaining marshmallows and M&M’s over the top. (This is just to make it look a little bit prettier.)
Step 8 Bake covered with foil for 15 minutes at 350 degrees and then uncover it and bake it for 15-20 more minutes. Allow to cool at least a bit.
Can you tell this kid’s mom is a blogger? He had to take his OWN pictures of every step of our baking process. I love him.
All done! Scoop it into a bowl and enjoy or allow it to cool uncovered overnight for a more bar-like consistency. Yum, yum, YUM! It is rich, I’m warning you now! Rich, but yummy.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 bag (2 cups) semi-sweet baking melts or chocolate chips
- 1 bag White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by making your graham cracker crust. Melt the butter and add it to the graham cracker crumbs. Stir it in evenly with a fork.
- Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle the bag of semi-sweet baking melts or chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows on top evenly, keeping aside one handful.
- Sprinkle the bag of M&M's on top, keeping aside one handful.
- Drizzle a full can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the whole pan. (Use less if you would like a drier consistency bar.)
- Top with the remaining marshmallows and M&M's.
- Bake at 350 degrees, 15 minutes covered with aluminum foil and 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Allow to cool enough to "set." Eat with a spoon. If you would like bars, allow to cool uncovered for 5+ hours.
For more Christmas inspiration follow along on my Christmas Pinterest board!