Hi! It’s Carisa from Messes to Memories and I’m back with a fun Valentine’s Learning Activity with Candy Hearts!!
This is an activity that I absolutely love! And can be used any time of year with any kind of object that you would like to sort. I first did it last year with little miss Lanae and she needed a lot of help then (she was just barely 2).
I pulled out the muffin tin and a box of candy hearts this year and she knew exactly what to do! She loves sorting things. And its great practice.
There are all sorts of additional activities that you can do as well with the muffin tin and candy. After sorting them you can count the number in each tin.
We had a great idea as I was cleaning this up today to put numbers on the colored circles in the tin and have the child match the number of hearts to not only the right color, but the right number as well. For example, if I wrote the number 2 on a blue circle, then the child would place 2 candy hearts in the tin.
This is so quick and easy to put together too. All you need to do is find colored paper that matches the candy hearts (as close as possible). Then cut out circles that will fit in the bottom of your muffin tin.
Place the circles in the bottom and ta-da. It’s ready to go!! Seriously, such a fun and easy activity to set up and it provides a lot of practice for counting and sorting.
Since Valentine’s day is such a bright and cheery holiday with so many fun candies, I thought I would round up a few more candy activities for kids to share with you today!
1. DIY Candy Pouches for Valentine’s Day from Messes to Memories… Yes, this is another project we did this year! Lanae helped me make these cute candy pouches for some of her close teachers and friends. Wouldn’t you love to receive one of these?
2. Blow My Heart Up Card from Smart Schoolhouse… Um, how cute is this??? This would be such a fun gift or card for a teacher or friend.
3. Lollipop Flowers from Celebrations… This would be a great and very simple gift that kids can give to teachers or friends.
4. Candy Pick-up and some more Minute to Win-it Games from Makoodle… There are some really fun games in this post. All of the games would be great to help kids practice fine motor or gross motor skills while playing! What fun!!
5. Candy Heart Fizzing Science Project from Preschool Inspirations… We love science activities in our home and what can be better than science with candy???
Hope you enjoy some of these activities this Valentine’s and take a little time to celebrate and share your love with candy (and your kids). If you are looking for some more treats, here is one of my most recent and it is delicious!! I’d love to have you come visit!