Before I share with you my copycat recipe for Red Robin’s California Chicken Sandwich, I want to apologize for the lack of a S’mores Saturday post this week. It just wasn’t happening. I made a fudge recipe that did not work out at all on Friday, so I was going to spend all day Saturday trying a new version and photographing it and writing it up. But then I got the opportunity to spend the day with my husband doing family history work, which I love but never have time for lately, and then to go see a dear friend star in a musical. So I decided to give myself a break and just do that instead. I must say, I do NOT regret it! I really needed to spend time with him and recharge. It turned out to be a perfectly lovely day, and my kids spent the day with their great grandparents, which they all loved. (Yes, their GREAT grandparents. I think it is beyond cool that my 85 year old grandparents are healthy enough to babysit my kids, and that they love doing it! We are so blessed to live near them!) I did create a better fudge recipe today, so that will be shared with you next Saturday.
Don’t you love Red Robin? I do. It’s one of our go-to restaurants. My husband always orders the Banzai Burger, and I always order the California Chicken Sandwich. Last week I was craving a California Chicken Sandwich, but I sure didn’t want to deal with taking my wild little ones to a restaurant, so I decided to try recreating it at home instead using my Three-Ingredident Guacamole. It was super easy! Now if only I could figure out how to make those divine steak fries…..
- sesame seed hamburger buns
- chicken breasts
- provolone cheese
- guacamole (use my recipe)
- pickle slices
- Start by cooking your chicken breasts. Salt and pepper them and then grill.
- Once the chicken is almost finished grilling, melt the provolone cheese onto the chicken breasts.
- Toast the sesame seed buns on the grill.
- On top of the buns place the chicken, followed by the guacamole, bacon, tomato, pickle, and lettuce.
- Add mayonnaise to the bun and close up your sandwich.