It’s my favorite day of the week! S’MORES SATURDAY!!! Today I am sharing this recipe for S’mores Rice Krispie Treat Sandwiches. HOLY MOLY, people, these are one of the best things I have ever put into my mouth. EVER. As you may know, I am serious s’mores junkie. Over the last three summers of doing the S’mores Saturdays series, I have made many a s’mores recipe, but this is my favorite one yet! It can only be rivaled in my mind by my husband’s S’mores Shake Recipe. The good news is that these s’mores rice krispie treat sandwiches are very simple to make. I fully intend to double the recipe and bring a whole load of them to a party at some point this summer. I’ll be the most popular person in the room! 🙂
Here is what you will need: graham cracker crumbs, Rice Krispies, a bag and a half of mini marshmallows, Hershey’s spread, and butter.
Mix the graham cracker crumbs and Rice Krispies together and use them to make Rice Krispie treats in the usual way. (More specific instructions below.) Press the mixture into a lightly greased cookie sheet so that they are thin. Allow the Rice Krispie treats to cool.
Cut the pan of Rice Krispie treats in half. On one half slather it with the entire jar of Hershey’s spread. YUM. Top liberally with mini marshmallows. Now use a spatula to flip the remaining Rice Krispie treats on top of the marshmallows to create a giant Rice Krispie treat sandwich of deliciousness.
Cut up and enjoy those bad boys! WARNING: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP EATING!!! True story. 😉
- 1 stick butter
- 1½ - 16 oz bags of mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- one jar Hershey's spread
- Prepare ahead by mixing together the Rice Krispies and the graham cracker crumbs.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and 1 (16 oz) bag of mini marshmallows in a large pot over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the Rice Krispie and graham cracker crumb mixture to the pot and stir together well. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the Rice Krispie treat mixture from the pot and press it out thin onto a large, lightly greased cookie sheet. Allow to cool.
- Cut the Rice Krispie treats in half. Slather the Hershey's spread liberally onto one of the halves.
- Top the Hershey's spread with mini marshmallows.
- Use a spatula to flip the remaining Rice Krispie treats on top of the mini marshmallows.
- Cut up and enjoy!
I hope that you try this recipe, and that you check out the other recipes in the S’mores Saturdays series!