Have you heard of Cafe Rio? I discovered it in college and have had a longstanding love affair with their sweet pulled pork ever since. Our family’s sweet pulled pork recipe for that pork isn’t as good as the true blue original, but it is insanely simple, and it totally hits the spot. (Plus, quite frankly, I have never had a copycat Rio pork recipe that tastes like the original, and I have tried SO many. People need to stop making that outlandish claim!) 🙂 Today, I am sharing with you my copycat version of Cafe Rio’s Cilantro Lime Ranch Salad Dressing. Yum, yum, YUM!
Many recipes for this call for making “homemade” ranch using a packet. I just use the dressing straight from the bottle. It’s so much easier and I can’t tell a difference. (Just don’t use light—full fat, people. Full fat!) Plus I always have bottled ranch on hand, unlike the dry packets of ranch. This cilantro lime ranch salad dressing is great on meat and lovely on salads. Mix some up in a hurry and enjoy!
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅛ cup lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 large tomatillo
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (or more to taste)
- Gather your ingredients. Be sure to seed the jalapeno. I recommend using disposable gloves when doing so if you have any on hand.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until well mixed.
- Taste to be certain you like the flavor. The lime juice and cilantro taste can be adjusted a bit to accommodate for personal preference.
- Pour this over some food and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe then you may also like: