- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs (separate the yolks and whites)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix dry ingredient and set aside.well.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites.
- Beat egg yolks with a mixer, save the whites.
- Add milk, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla to the beaten egg yolks and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into mixture.
- Cook in a waffle iron. (Be sure to grease the waffle iron in between each waffle with a spray of PAM.)
- Top with syrup, preferably homemade buttermilk syrup.
If you are excited about this recipe then you make also be interested in these recipes:
Heirloom Pumpkin Bread