Today’s guest blogger is one of the most talented around, at least IMHO: Kimberly from A Night Owl! Her ideas are always fresh, her projects are always colorful, and her photos are always crisp. When I’m browsing Pinterest I always know when I have spotted one of her projects. Seriously. Be sure to visit her site. You won’t regret it! Now on to her AWESOME Mike Wazowski Pinata!
Hi Bombshell Bling readers! Kimberly from A Night Owl here and I am SO excited to be hanging out with all of you today! Sarah and I are crafting buddies so when she invited me to celebrate Disney Week with her, I was all in! I mean, what is better than Disney and a little crafting?! If you don’t know me I’m a momma of two young boys. So that means our house is full of Disney fun – from Cars to Planes to Monsters! My boys love Disney movies and we love watching right along with them. When Monsters University came out on DVD, we had a fun little celebration in our home. And one of the crafts I took on for that celebration is this amazing Mike Wazowski Piñata! Have you ever made a piñata? Well don’t be intimidated, it might just be easier than you think! Check it out…
- Hot glue
- Paper (for the eye)
- Cut out two large circles from the cardboard.
- Cut long strips out of cardboard that will cover the circumference edge of the large circles.
- Tape the strips around the cardboard circles to make piñata base.
- Make fringe out of streamers by cutting slits at the bottom.
- Cover cardboard piñata by gluing layers of fringe.
- Cut out three circles, white, blue and black for the eye.
- Glue together and attach to piñata.
- Add string for hanging and you’re done!
I think he turned out so cute, what do you think?
Ok, so don’t you totally want to make your own Mike Wazowski Piñata now?! I knew you would! Give it a try, it’s so much fun! The ideas are endless! So if you LOVE this project, for this same party we make Mike and Sulley Popsicles, you should check them out! Or check out our most recent Disney Cars Party or even the Disney Planes Clothespin Planes we made with the boys! They still LOVE playing with them and they were so easy to put together.
Thanks again for having me today – I hope you love this project and will come hang out with us at A Night Owl for more crafty fun in the future!