*This recipe is sponsored by Pillsbury. The recipe and opinions are 100% my own.
BIG news, peeps….BIG. Pillsbury now makes GLUTEN FREE PREMADE COOKIE DOUGH!!! (And gluten free pizza dough and pie crust, by the way. Umm…WOOHOO!) Ack!! BIG news for the gluten free folks, am I right? I mean, I know how much joy it brings me to eat raw cookie jar straight from a tub, and I also know that if I ever had to give up gluten I’d go nuts. (And probably starve.) But gluten free premade cookie dough….well, that may just save me from starving if I had to go GF. Hee hee.
When I found out that I would have the opportunity to try this gluten free cookie dough I was very curious. I am not at all gluten free and have no intention of becoming so. I love gluten so very much. SO very much. But, even I will admit, this gluten free treat that I concocted was quite tasty indeed. My 4 year old and I shared it and downed it in about two seconds flat. And I have a fun little recipe for you today: a Colorful Magic Shell Recipe! But that will wait for a minute. First let’s take a look at the Sweetheart Pizzookie, shall we?
To make your sweetheart this sweet, gluten-free treat (which could obviously be adapted to include gluten if you prefer that) you will need the following:
* Pillsbury Gluten-Free Cookie Dough or any other cookie dough that you love
* Vanilla Ice Cream (make sure you grab one labeled as gluten free)
* Colorful Magic Shell (recipe below)
* Cupcake Gem sprinkles (The ingredients look gluten free but I can’t make promises.)
* Red Dot Paper Heart Bakers from World Market
Start by scooping the cookie dough of your choice into a little heart baker and press it down. Bake as directed on the tub.
While the cookie is baking you should make your magic shell. There are a million recipes for magic shell on the internet, but they are all made with brown chocolate, and I wanted festive PINK magic shell. Enter white chocolate options. If you like the taste of white chocolate you can use those, but not everyone does, so feel free to use vanilla almond bark. Just check to be sure it’s gluten free. First gather the ingredients: vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips, canola or vegetable oil, and food coloring.
Start by melting the vanilla bark or white chocolate chips.
Add the oil and mix it well.
Add pink food coloring and stir well.
Take the cookie out of the oven.
Top it with (gluten free if that’s your jam) vanilla ice cream and drizzle the colorful magic shell over the top of the ice cream. Add the sprinkles right away so that it will stick to the magic shell before it hardens.
All done! Eat up—yum yum yum! And if you are looking for other recipes using the Pillsbury Gluten Free cookie dough then check out this recipe board on Pinterest: Cat Cora Gluten Free Recipes. You are going to be blown away by these ideas—I promise!
Now let me give you the full deets on my Colorful Magic Shell Recipe.
- 1 cup vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- food coloring
- Cupcake Gems (or sprinkles)
- Melt the vanilla bark or white chocolate chips in the microwave. Following the instructions on the vanilla bark (microwave for 1 minute, then stir, 30 more second, then stir, repeat until the bark or chocolate is smooth).
- Add the vegetable or canola oil and stir.
- Add the food coloring and stir.
- Drizzle over the top of your ice cream.
Check out these posts for more Valentine’s Day ideas: